Indonesia has a wide range of cultural, ethnic, language, religion. because Indonesia has the motto "Unity in Diversity" which means that although different but still one. Because we know Indonesia has a diverse ethnic cultures, each tribe has traditional weapons.
First I will introduce traditional tribal weapons Sunda (WEST JAVA) is KUJANG.
Kujang is a unique weapon of the West Java area. Kujang began to be made around the 8th century or the 9th, made of iron, steel and prestige material, length is about 20 to 25 cm and weighs about 300 grams.
Kujang is a tool that reflects the critical acumen and power in life also symbolizes the strength and courage to protect the rights and truth. Is characteristic, both as weapons, agricultural tools, symbol, ornament, or souvenirs.
According Trance siksakanda ng karesian Canto XVII, Cleaver is the weapon of the farmers and agriculture has its roots in the culture of Sundanese people.
Kujang is known as a traditional thing people of West Java (Sunda) which has a sacred value as well as having magical powers. Some researchers claim that the term "kujang" is derived from the word kudihyang (kudi and Hyang. Kujang (also) comes from the word Ujang, which means to human or human.
Kudi taken from Sundanese language meaning Ancient weapon unseen magic that has the power, as a talisman, as repellent reinforcements, for example, to dispel enemies or avoid danger / disease.
Meanwhile, Hyang can be equated with the notion of God in some mythology, but for the people of Sunda Hyang has a meaning and a notch above the Gods, this is reflected in the doctrine of "Dasa Prebakti" which is reflected in the text of Torture Trance Kanda Karesian Ng mentioned "Gods of consecrated in Hyang "
The parts Kujang
1. Papatuk (Congo); the pointed end portion kujang, point to incise or gouged.
2. Eluk (siih); indentations or serrations on the back upper kujang, point to dismember enemies stomach.
3. Waruga; name keys (body) kujang.
4. Eyes; small holes were found on the keys kujang who initially covered the holes of metal (usually gold or silver) or gemstones as well. But most of the rest are found only small holes. Point as a symbol of the status of the wearer stage, most widely 9 eyes and at least 1 eye, even some not-edged kujang, called?? Kujang Blind??.
5. Prestige; stripes or spots on the body Cleaver called Sulangkar or spotted, usually toxic, use in addition to beautify the cleaver blade is also to shut down the enemy quickly.
6. Tonggong; that the sharp side at the back of kujang, slicing can to tighten too.
7. Beuteung; sharp edges in the abdomen kujang, the point at the back.
8. Cistern; small arch in the lower abdomen kujang, point and twist arms to fend off enemies that bounce off of the clutch.
9. Paksi; kujang tail that taper to put in the handle kujang.
10. Combong; hole in the handle kujang, to accommodate the axis (tail kujang).
11. Ooze; ring at the upper end of the handle kujang, point to strengthen the grip of the handle kujang the tail (pivot).
12. Ganja (Landean); typical name hilt (stalk) kujang.
13. Herons (Kopak); typical name kujang gloves.
Among the parts Kujang said, there is one part that has the symbol?? Into-Mandalaan??, The eye which amounts to 9 pieces. This amount is adjusted to the number of stages Mandala religion of Sunda Padjadjaran which also has 9 stages, of which (the order from bottom): Mandala Kasungka, Parmana mandala, Mandala Karna, Rasa Mandala, Mandala Seba, Mandala Suda, Teak Mandala, Mandala Samar, the Great Mandala . Mandala place of torment for the souls of human beings when his life was covered in stains and sins, called Karma or Universe Buana pancak, ie Hell.
It's okay that I can share to you guys, which want to increase knowledge about Indonesian traditional weapon. Don’t go anywhere because of the discussion of the traditional weapons of the other regions will be present again.
..... do not forget to visit this blog again ..... thx.